VACUUM PUMP REPAIR STEPS
1. INCOMING INSPECTION:
- Attach work order / traveler to pump
- Photograph unit, document mechanical configuration and all accessories
2. VISUAL/PERFORMANCE INSPECTION:
- Check for physical damage
- Check for oil leaks
- Performance test. Ultimate vacuum, decibel check, motor amp draw test
3. INSPECTION, CLEANING, DISASSEMBLY:
- Complete disassembly, complete decontamination of internal and external parts.
- Hazardous materials disposed in accordance with environmental regulations.
- Check condition/ tolerances/ clearances of all internal parts. Note all out of spec and damaged parts.
- Submit estimate for authorization.
- All parts are cleaned and hot tanked. High pressure washing as required.
- Parts are glass beaded as required and water rinsed.
Reassembly with all new major repair kit, including all bearings / bushings, shaft seals, tip seals, o-rings, vanes, exhaust valves, gaskets, etc.
- Refinish and clean all exterior surfaces to like-new condition.
7. FINAL TEST:
- 24 -36 hour burn in. Re-torque / re-grease as required. Ultimate pressure test. Amp-draw test, decibel test.
8. QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTION:
- Verify ultimate pressure, amperage and decibel readings. Verify refitting of all accessories. Verify cosmetic condition, mechanical condition, functionality of all accessories, anti-suckback valve, oil control valves, etc.
9. PACKAGING AND SHIPPING:
- Apply all safety and startup labels, directional arrows, special fluid labels, etc.
- Test and QC report completed
- Package up the vacuum pump and ship it out.